Thursday, April 18, 2013

I Wish I Could Wear Long Skirts Outdoors Without Looking 'Weird' to Others

Why does every piece of clothing have to be so revealing now a days. I wear tonnes of mini dresses and all the rest of that but why does EVERYTHING have to be so revealing. Even shorts now a days go into your ass showing your butt cheeks to the world. I'll be 'old fashioned' about it and say whats with the world that I'll actually feel awkward walking outside in appropriate clothes! I love skirts. I was raised in a third world country and wore skirts that went past my knees majority of the time. Now that I've moved up and about Europe and live here, I actually will feel awkward wearing a skirt out of the house unless it's a mini skirt. I bought a skirt that went past my knees a while back and my flat mates actually told me it looks like a goody goody church girl skirt. I'd like to see their faces if I wore skirts till the ground. Oh what has this world come to!


I really wish I owned most of my skirts that I used to a few years back, and I wish I had the guts to wear them outside. I think skirts are classy and pretty. Plus they are super comfy! You can get such good and different looks wearing skirts so definitely not a boring look in my opinion. When I travel to go on holidays, I wear skirts quite a bit when i go outside because it's not weird in less developed countries, plus its respectful to some religions so thats a plus as well. 



Either way, I really like the style. It took me ages to find some decent photos but I love all of these looks! Tell me if you think any of outfits are bad. I think they look really classy and neat. Wearing heels with skirts that go under you knees look really good in my opinion and flats that don't show from under the skirt with longer ones. I don't know what you guys think but I love the style and wish I lived somewhere where everyone dressed like this. But yeah, no worries! I do own a few skirts still and will hold on to them, I'm not giving up! :)

2 comments:

  1. All those skirts look great and I'm sure you would look amazing in them, plus, maxi skirts are in this season so thats a plus for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have the guts to wear one this summer but I'll try again next year! Hahaha :D Luckily I travel quite a bit and can wear them abroad more confidently ....

      Delete