Thursday, April 12, 2012

I wish I will be a Social Worker one day and love it!

I've never really wanted a specific career but I decided 3 years ago as I moved to Finland that I want to be a social worker. Perhaps it's the amount of people I know here in Finland who have had random problems what should have been done something about when they were younger that influenced my choice... I don't really know. Every year I just want it more, lets put it that way =) SO YES... I applied to a few places in Scotland to study sociology and social work but I really wanted to just get into one of the universities to study social work. And as I waited for replies, of course it was the last university that replied after the long wait and then wanted a interview and then some random essays and criminal records etc... and after all that, I GOT IN!!! So looks like I'm going to be moving to Scotland in September to study to become a social worker then!
One problem, what if I don't like it or feel like I cant mentally deal with it? I think it will be just fine and yes many people have told me that its a challenging job mentally and the work comes home with you everyday and yea... but its the only thing I have ever really wanted so yea. And whatever career I end up having I want it to have something to do with helping people directly. I wanna know I spent my life helping out others when I grow old so sounds like this could be the right place for me. After a year of studying I have my first work experience so... I guess latest by then I will know, for now I will just hope I'm making the right choice. No, I know I'm making the right choice. And yes, I will end up liking the job, I have decided. Yes, yes I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment