Sunday, August 4, 2013

I Wish I Liked My Singing Voice More

I wish I could sing better than I do because I simply love music and playing the piano and all that. I wish I was confident and had a nice enough voice that I wouldn't be shy when playing the piano with my little skills and singing along. I try sing a bit louder every time and even sing on parts where the notes go too high or too low to practice my voice more. People have said I have a good voice sometimes but in all honesty I think its a pretty normal voice, nothing special really. 
I think singing lessons would be fun tho. I feel like my voice isn't strong enough or some muscles there aren't strong enough because when I go to out of my comfort zone high notes, my voice kinda starts wobbling a bit or breaking or something and isn't strong there. Hard to explain but maybe you know what I mean. Maybe singing lessons would increase my confidence and get me a little bit of a better voice. Unfortunately I'm not gonna afford, or put my money into singing lessons ever so I'm just gonna have to sing by myself in the shower or something and practice that way!
Another great thing about singing - it's good therapy if you're feeling upset or something. I remember when I was going through some hard moments and I went to my piano and played a Christian song called 'A day, and a moment at a time' (Its in Finnish) and sang along quite loud - and it made me feel so much better. I felt like when I sang the words of the song which were perfect for the situation I was in, it kind of told me everything will be okay and I shouldn't worry. I've had quite a few moments like this and if something similar has happened to you, you will know what I'm talking about. So yea, I wish I liked my voice more and could sing better perhaps.

1 comment: